I may be slow on the uptake about Disney weddings, but it’s never too late!
This February I was whisked away on a surprise trip to Disneyworld Florida by my husband. I know, I’m a lucky girl! Now I liked Disney before, but having experienced the magic close up I am now an even bigger fan. I was like a child in a sweet shop… or a massive theme park filled with Disney characters, rides and smiley happy people. I cried at the Lion King Festival as the music began. I cried during the fireworks whilst When you wish upon a star played… and I definitely cried when I left. It was a very special holiday.
By coincidence, since then I have been asked to play Disney songs at a number of weddings. The music snob in me was pleasantly surprised to find how lovely some of the songs sound on violin, so I thought I’d share some choices with those brides who have managed to persuade their fiancé that a Disney wedding won’t damage their street cred.
- Beauty and the Beast (Tale as old as time) – Beauty and the Beast
- Can you feel the love tonight – Lion King
- A dream is a wish your heart makes – Cinderella
- Once upon a dream – Sleeping Beauty/ Maleficent
- Over the rainbow – Wizard of Oz
- So this is love – Cinderella
- When you wish upon a star – Pinocchio
- A whole new world – Aladdin
- You’ve got a friend in me – Toy Story
If you’re planning a winter wedding, Once upon a December from Anastasia and Love is an open door from Frozen both work really nicely.
Whether on solo violin with backing tracks, violin & guitar or violin & harp, these songs add a sprinkle of magic and nostalgia to make a perfect day.
POST TITLE: Disney weddings
AUTHOR: Jenny Maslin
POSTED: 12th August 2016
No Comments »
No comments yet.